In just 6 days, the California Homes and Jobs Act will be heard by the first Assembly policy committee, with the second hearing scheduled only two days later.
• Housing and Community Development: Monday, August 12 (1:30 p.m.)
• Labor and Employment: Wednesday, August 14 (1:30 p.m.)
DAY 2 of Our 6 Days of Action
Imagine a legislator who serves on the Assembly committees getting 200 letters one day, 100 phone calls two days later, and 300 tweets the day of the hearing, all asking for a YES vote for homes and jobs for Californians.
Today’s Action: CALL the members of the Assembly Housing and Community Development Committee.
• If you can make 3 calls, phone:
o Cheryl Brown 916.319.2047
o Brian Maienschein 916.319.2077
o Beth Gaines 916.319.2006
• What to Say: “Hi, my name is ________. [If calling on behalf of an organization . . . I’m calling on behalf of __________.] I am a strong supporter of SB 391: The California Homes and Jobs Act. Our community desperately needs the jobs and affordable places to live that it will generate. I urge Assemblymember ________ to vote yes on SB 391 in housing committee on Monday.”
• If you can make 6 calls, first phone the Assemblymembers above (using the script above), then phone the Assemblymembers below (using the script below):
o Ed Chau: 916.319.2049
o Toni Atkins 916.319.2078
o Sharon Quirk-Silva 916.319.2065
• What to Say: Hi, my name is ________. [If calling on behalf of an organization, I’m calling on behalf of __________.] I am a strong supporter of SB 391: The California Homes and Jobs Act. I wanted to call and thank Assemblymember ________ for coauthoring SB 391 and let the Assemblymember know we appreciate his/her yes vote in housing committee on Monday.”
Take credit for your work!
Enter your name to let us know you made calls.
What else can you do?
Send this URL to your listservs/contacts.
Participate in yesterday’s action item: visit the California Homes and Jobs Act Action Center to send letters to the members of the Assembly Housing and Community Development Committee.