Sacramento Housing Alliance’s third annual Sacramento Regional Affordable Housing Summit (SRAHS) will bring together more than 200 developers; builders; architects; lenders; property managers; service providers; elected and agency officials and staff; community and business leaders to share innovative solutions to our regional housing and homelessness crisis.
Our theme this year is “All Hands on Deck: Solving Our Housing Catastrophe” because it’s time for the Sacramento region to put permanent affordable homes first in our plans, our budgets, and our neighborhoods.
To register, click here.
Our Donation Drive
In support of the work of Mercy Pedalers and in honor of founder Sister Libby Fernandez, this year’s Homeless Justice Award winner, SHA will be collecting donations of essential items used in the critical work of Mercy Pedalers.
Please bring your donation of any of the following with you to this year’s summit. Items will be donated to Mercy Pedalers for distribution to homeless Sacramentans.
Mercy Pedalers Requested Donation Items:
Gloves and socks (Any sizes. XL is especially needed.)
Travel size toiletries (Shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, lotion)
Nutrition bars (Single packs or boxes of single packs. Soft preferred.)
Hygiene items (Single packets of alcohol pads or hand wipes)
Hand Sanitizer (Small sizes)
Band-aids (All sizes)
The 2017 Summit will feature 2 plenaries, a lunchtime award ceremony, and 12 breakout sessions (submitted and led by community members) focused on four thematic tracks, including: Affordable Homes 101; Ending Homelessness, Stabilizing Lives; Financing Tools and Resources for Affordable Homes; and Safe, Stable, and Accessible Rental Homes.
8:00 AM – Registration Opens
8:30 AM – Opening Remarks (Darryl Rutherford, Sacramento Housing Alliance)
8:45 AM – Morning Plenary: Local Elected Panel (Moderator: Erika D. Smith, The Sacramento Bee)
9:35 AM – Workshop Session 1
- Section 8 Discrimination and Criminal Record Screening: Addressing Access to Housing Through the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Process (El Dorado Room)
- Barrier to Housing: Criminalization of People Experiencing Homelessness (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- Affordable Housing Finance: Lenders’ Panel (Diablo Room)
- Dismantling Barriers to Accessibility (Fresno Room)
10:55 AM – Workshop Session 2
- How to Talk About Home: Effective Strategies for Communication (El Dorado Room)
- Community Solutions for Homelessness – HART (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- SHRA: Initiatives, Opportunities, and Challenges (Diablo Room)
- Improving the Health of Renters Through Preservation of Rental Housing (Fresno Room)
12:15 PM – Lunch and Award Ceremony
1:25 PM – Workshop Session 3
- Data-driven Policy and Advocacy for Housing Equity (El Dorado Room)
- New Shelter Initiatives: Where Do I Sleep Tonight? (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- Getting Ready to Compete for State Housing Funds (Diablo Room)
- Refugees and the Housing Crisis (Fresno Room)
2:45 PM – Closing Plenary (Featuring Capital Public Radio’s Place & Privilege)
4:00 PM – Closing Remarks
4:15 PM – Networking Mixer: Wine and Small Bites Reception
*Panels and agenda subject to change.
The partnership of our members and community supporters is critical to ending homelessness, promoting a dedicated source of funding for affordable housing, and engaging decision-makers to implement viable solutions to creating affordable homes for all. This is the first year we will feature our annual awards ceremony as part of the SRAHS lunch.
This year, we are pleased to honor:
Thank you to the community members who submitted nominations for this year’s awards!
Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring the Sacramento Regional Affordable Housing Summit is a great way to demonstrate your organization’s commitment to advancing housing justice.
Learn more about the sponsorship opportunities available and become a supporter!
Travel and Parking
The Downtown Holiday Inn is conveniently located near light rail and bus lines. For a map of the location and parking information, please visit the Downtown Holiday Inn website.
Questions? Need help? Contact Aileen Joy, Communications & Events Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Sponsors
AARP :: Sutter Valley Hospitals :: Umpqua Bank
Mutual Housing California
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco :: Northern California Community Loan Foundation
CADA :: California Housing Finance Agency :: Community Economics :: Dignity Health :: Jamboree Housing Corporation :: Kaiser Permanente :: Mercy Housing :: SEIU 1000 :: Sierra Health Foundation :: Sunseri Construction