Sacramento Housing Alliance’s second annual Regional Affordable Housing Summit brought together more than 200 developers, builders, architects, lenders, property managers, service providers, elected and agency officials and staff, community and business leaders to share innovative approaches to creating, preserving and promoting affordable homes.
Our theme for 2016 was “Putting Housing First,” because it’s time for the Sacramento region to put permanent affordable homes first in our plans, our budgets, and our neighborhoods.
Dan Rinzler, California Housing Partnership Corporation’s Senior Policy Analyst, kicked off the Summit with a plenary session detailing the need for housing in Sacramento and diving into the latest research about the benefits of and pathways to improved housing opportunity.
- Housing Need and Opportunity in Sacramento from Dan Rinzler
Mayor Elect Steinberg delivered our lunch keynote, addressing what it will take to create meaningful and practical solutions for homelessness in Sacramento and the fundamental role of affordable housing in a vibrant and prosperous Sacramento.
Panels and Workshops
- Building Home: Local Funding Innovations
- Housing Trust Funds from Darryl Rutherford, Executive Director, Sacramento Housing Alliance
- Capitalizing on Cap & Trade: Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC) Program in Sacramento
- Permanent Supportive Housing Options for LGBT Youth
- Struggling to Survive: LGBTQ+ Youth on the Streets of California from Shahera Hyatt, Dir. CA Homeless Youth Project
- Housing in an Era of Climate Change
- Using Micro-Homes in Communities for the Homeless
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing in the Sacramento Region
- Shared Housing
- Protect Our Homes: Preserving and Improving Existing Housing
- Building Healthy Communities: Success Stories
- Designing and Operating Healthy Housing from Vanessa Guerra, Mutual Housing California
- Health & Equity Considerations in Developing Healthy Communities: Tools and Case Studies from Dan Woo, California Department of Public Health
Sponsor future Summits
Sponsoring the Sacramento Regional Affordable Housing Summit is a great way to demonstrate your organization’s commitment to advancing housing justice.
Learn more about the sponsorship opportunities available and become a supporter!
Thank You to Our 2016 Sponsors
We want to thank our generous sponsors for making this event possible and for showing their commitment to making the Sacramento Region a place everyone can call home. Special thanks to the California Endowment.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
California Housing Finance Agency
The John Stewart Company
Mutual Housing California
CFY Development, Inc.