Thank you for joining us for SRAHS 2017! We hope to announce our date for next year in early 2018!
Sacramento Housing Alliance’s third annual Sacramento Regional Affordable Housing Summit (SRAHS) brought together more than 200 developers; builders; architects; lenders; property managers; service providers; elected and agency officials and staff; community and business leaders to share innovative solutions to our regional housing and homelessness crisis.
Our theme this year was “All Hands on Deck: Solving Our Housing Catastrophe” because it’s time for the Sacramento region to put permanent affordable homes first in our plans, our budgets, and our neighborhoods.
Our Donation Drive
Thank you to everyone who brought donations for Mercy Pedalers of small toiletry items, socks, gloves, washcloths, and nutrition bars. We collected over 100 items!
The 2017 Summit featured 2 plenaries, a lunchtime award ceremony, and 12 breakout sessions (submitted and led by community members) focused on four thematic tracks, including: Affordable Homes 101; Ending Homelessness, Stabilizing Lives; Financing Tools and Resources for Affordable Homes; and Safe, Stable, and Accessible Rental Homes.
Power Points and associated panel materials are linked below. Note: Not all panels used visuals or have materials to share. We will update this page as materials become available, but if you notice something missing, please contact Aileen Joy, Communications & Events Director, email@example.com.
8:00 AM – Registration Opens
8:30 AM – Opening Remarks (Darryl Rutherford, Sacramento Housing Alliance)
8:45 AM – Morning Plenary: Local Elected Panel (Moderator: Erika D. Smith, The Sacramento Bee)
9:35 AM – Workshop Session 1
- Section 8 Discrimination and Criminal Record Screening: Addressing Access to Housing Through the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Process (El Dorado Room)
- Barrier to Housing: Criminalization of People Experiencing Homelessness (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- Affordable Housing Finance: Lenders’ Panel (Diablo Room)
- Dismantling Barriers to Accessibility (Fresno Room)
10:55 AM – Workshop Session 2
- How to Talk About Home: Effective Strategies for Communication (El Dorado Room)
- Community Solutions for Homelessness – HART (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- SHRA: Initiatives, Opportunities, and Challenges (Diablo Room)
- Improving the Health of Renters Through Preservation of Rental Housing (Fresno Room)
12:15 PM – Lunch and Award Ceremony
1:25 PM – Workshop Session 3
- Data-driven Policy and Advocacy for Housing Equity (El Dorado Room)
- New Shelter Initiatives: Where Do I Sleep Tonight? (Hermosa and Granada Rooms)
- Getting Ready to Compete for State Housing Funds (Diablo Room)
- Refugees and the Housing Crisis (Fresno Room)
2:45 PM – Closing Plenary (Featuring Capital Public Radio’s Place & Privilege)
4:00 PM – Closing Remarks
4:15 PM – Networking Mixer: Wine and Small Bites Reception
The partnership of our members and community supporters is critical to ending homelessness, promoting a dedicated source of funding for affordable housing, and engaging decision-makers to implement viable solutions to creating affordable homes for all. This is the first year we will feature our annual awards ceremony as part of the SRAHS lunch.
In 2017, we were pleased to honor:
Thank you to the community members who submitted nominations for this year’s awards!
Thank You to Our 2017 Sponsors
AARP :: Sutter Valley Hospitals :: Umpqua Bank
Mutual Housing California
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco :: Northern California Community Loan Foundation
CADA :: California Housing Finance Agency :: Community Economics :: Dignity Health :: Jamboree Housing Corporation :: Kaiser Permanente :: Mercy Housing :: SEIU 1000 :: Sierra Health Foundation :: Sunseri Construction